The Overland – Fares 2019 / 2020
A day trip in a league of its own. Ride the rails of romance on your next interstate adventure with this day-long train voyage aboard The Overland.
Still the best way to travel between Adelaide and Melbourne, The Overland offers two levels of service. Red Service offers a value for money choice, and Red Premium provides all-inclusive dining- whatever your choice, you’ll have plenty of room to move and the chance to meet fellow travellers in a comfortable, friendly environment. With comfortable, reclining seats, generous legroom, up to 60kg of luggage allowance and dedicated hospitality attendants to tend to your every need, The Overland offers service in a class of its own.
Planning your holiday is easy,and speak to your friendly Consultant.
Fares valid for rail travel from 1 April 2019 to 31 December 2019
AUD $ Per person One Way
|01 April 2019 – 31 December 2019|
|RED SERVICE STANDARD||EVERYDAY||READY RAIL||READY RAIL SAVER||RED PENSION SAVER|
|Melbourne – Adelaide or vv||$164.00||$114.00||Not Available||$84.00|
|RED SERVICE PREMIUM|
|Melbourne – Adelaide or vv||$269.00||$219.00||$169.00||$219.00|
Red Service Standard:
Travel in Red Service between Adelaide and Melbourne and enjoy the comfort and romance of a rail journey. Settle into your seat and be entertained throughout the day with the ever-changing scenery. When you’re feeling peckish, stroll into our licenced café for meals, beverages and snacks available for purchase any time during your journey.
- Comfortable reclining seat in a two and two configuration
- 60 seats per carriage with generous legroom between seats
- Individual reading light
- Access to the licenced Café 828 Carriage where meals and beverages are available for purchase
- Red luggage allowance of 2 x 20kg.
Red Service Premium:
If you’re looking to travel in greater comfort and style, step up to Red Premium. Sit back and relax with more leg room, in-seat dining and a trolley service. Enjoy all-inclusive breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, coffee, soft drinks and juice. There’s no better way to make the day-long journey more enjoyable.
- All-inclusive breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea
- Comfortable reclining seats, two and one configurations across the aisle
- 36 seats per carriage with ample leg room between seats
- Individual reading light
- Access to the licenced Café 828 Carriage
- In-seat dining and trolley service
- Red Premium luggage allowance of 2 x 30kgs
* Ready Rail Saver Fares are subject to availability and must be booked more than 30 days in advance.
* To qualify for the Pension Saver Fare, guests must hold an Australian Pension Concession card or Commonwealth Seniors Health Care Card that is valid at time of travel and booking and which must be carried at all times during travel.
* Children aged between 4-15 inclusive, receive 20% discount off the accompanying adult fare.
* Fares are subject to availability and may not be available on all services.
* Fares and timetables are correct at time of publication and are subject to change without notice